Kitchen remodels are a great way to up your home's appeal, as well as its value. However, kitchen remodels can be extremely expensive. That's why you will want to take on these five kitchen remodeling tips that can save you money, but still lead to a great kitchen remodel:
- Paint the Cabinets: Painting the cabinets is a great way to change the whole look of the kitchen. This is going to save you money on the cost of replacing the cabinets altogether. You can still get rid of the old, dated, and faded color. Just be sure that you sand the cabinets first to remove dirt and uneven surfaces and then add a primer and paint. In order to do this, you will have to remove the cabinets from the hinges and paint them outside, let them dry, and then place them back on the hinges.
- Replace the Hardware: All the knobs on the cabinets can also be replaced with new ones if the ones that were on your cabinets before were dated. This provides a quick update and makes it look as if you truly did replace the cabinets completely.
- Paint an Accent Wall: Painting the entire kitchen can be expensive. Instead, you can simply paint an accent wall if you are still okay with the color on the rest of the walls. An accent wall will bring in a pop of color, but not overwhelm the space. Just be sure that you use a gloss finish paint instead of a flat finish. A flat finish is difficult to clean and in the kitchen where you are constantly cooking, you are probably going to need to clean the walls often.
- Use a Tin Backsplash: A tile backsplash can be really expensive and, not to mention, tedious to install. Instead, consider using a tin backsplash, which is much easier to put in. Plus, tin adds more light in the kitchen because it is much more reflective than tile.
- Install Vinyl Flooring: If you are unhappy with the current flooring in your kitchen, consider installing vinyl flooring instead of hardwood. Since the look of hardwood flooring is becoming increasingly popular in the kitchen, you may be discouraged since hardwood can be expensive. Luckily, vinyl is much more affordable and can mimic the look of hardwood really easily.
By following these five tips when going through with a kitchen remodel, you can save a great deal of money and splurge in other areas, such as with new appliances, which are more important for adding significant value to your home. For more information, talk to a remodeling contractor like Murray Lampert Design, Build, Remodel.